Aukaha has a long history in Otago
We started life as Kāi Tahu ki Otago Natural Resource Management Limited or KTKO in the late 1990s and changed our name in 2017 to better reflect the range and breadth of our services and expertise.
We are a rūnaka-owned charitable consultancy service, with governance from our five rūnaka owners – Te Rūnanga o Waihao, Te Rūnanga o Moeraki, Kāti Huirapa Rūnaka ki Puketeraki, Te Rūnanga o Ōtākou, and Hokonui Rūnanga.
Aukaha works with local and central government, institutions, employers, clients, whānau, individuals and mana whenua, providing a range of services that will help achieve rūnaka aspirations and make ours a better place to be.
Particular skills/competencies sought
- Possess strengths and professional experience in any of the following:
- risk or financial management
- legal expertise
- marketing and communications
- strategic relationship management
- Māori business
- Be a strategic thinker, able to keep the best interests of Aukaha at front of mind
- Possess a sound understanding of Te Ao Māori and the ability to apply that thinking to governance
- Demonstrate a passion for creating equitable outcomes for Māori
- Able to contribute collaboratively to the effective governance of Aukaha
- Commitment required
The Aukaha board meets monthly, with meetings generally taking around 2 hours. With reading, communication and other small tasks, it would be expected that the time commitment would equate to around 5 – 8 hours a month. Occasionally, there will be a need for directors to meet for half day or day long wānanga to progress strategic issues.
There is no set term for a directorship, however it would be expected that you would commit to the position for at least 3 years.
Please submit your expression of interest by sending a cover letter and your CV to Emma Lang (firstname.lastname@example.org). In your cover letter, please detail how your relevant skills and experience will benefit our organisation.